Friday, March 16, 2007

Whats happening?

As I mentioned earlier, the term was so busy that we are reaching the climax with exams in next week. I am sorry that I am unable to respond to lot of mails that I received because of the time pressure with a lot of activities that needs to be taken care of.

I met up with Graham Webster, Sr VP of O2 and had a fantastic session with him on how his career progressed and what were the lessons he learnt. The most important take aways for me from the session is that he learnt a lot from his customers. Typically we always wanted to learn from our sub ordinates, bosses or some leaders we admire. Once we are in a relationship we always will be in a mode of serving them well and most of the time act as if we like them a lot. But, honestly one can learn a lot from the customers is the argument that Graham had stating an instance when he worked woth Tesco management during Tesco Mobile JV that O2 worked on. As he was an alumni from LBS, the session was more important in terms of expectations management one need to work on, right after MBA. All in all, had a wonderful time with him. Though I might not apply to O2 for a misfit of my profile, I had a lot of take aways after I met him.

Entrepreneurship project is also reaching a climax with only submitting business plan being pending. We did presentation exceptionally well yesterday that we have hopes coming out as the best team of SBS to go to Texas for Moot Corp competition. But, again you never know what are other people's plans and how their presentations have been. Keeping fingers crossed on this.

Time to read some stuff to get rid of 'em by next week. Signing off!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can completely understand the pressure.we have exams in the coming next week and loads of stuff on the way..

2:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home