Wednesday, November 16, 2005

ISB Interview experience

Hi All:

I am done with my interview. Here is my experience:

Before sharing my exp, my profile:
Will be having 4 years exp by Feb 2006 (1.5 years as an entrepreneur and 2.5 years in IT)
GMAT 700
Acads 70% in BTech(Mechanical)
Extra Curriculars -
2 years Part time with NIIT
Rashtrapati, Rajya Puraskar awards as Scout
District and College Cricket player
Participated in various social activities
Won couple of other awards such as "Best Student" of the college and ward
Presented 3 technical papers
Instrumental in starting the "The Students Guild" in the college
Started "Debate Community" and "Soft Skills building"programs at organisations I work.....
Recos : Client and Mentor

Interview:
Reached venue at 10:45 and my interview was scheduled at 11:00. I met one Rajeev from bangalore who came for interview. He is with Robert Bosch.

I was called in at around 11:10-11:15 AM.

Panel consists of Mr Menon, Mr Kannan and a Current student(unable to recollect his name)

They introduced themselves to start with and I have also done so.

Questions: 1. What I liked most in me?? The Engineer?? or The IT prof?? or The Entrepreneur??
2. Why a Ship will float where as a piece of Steel will not?? Screwed up here and finally was assisted by Mr Menon in understanding this.
3. Walk us thru ur career?
4. How u see that u adhere to SLAs in current role?5. What is ur greatest achievement so far?6. What kind of satisfaction u got from it?7. Why ISB?

Thats it. They asked me if I have any questions..

I asked about how ISB going to brand itself going ahead. Mr Menon told they will be accrediated by AICCB(?? not sure whether this is what he told me) and you can get into rankings and all once atleast 5 batches go out.

I have forgotten completely to discuss abt scholarship and all..They also havent asked me. I have done a mistake in Scholarship app that I selected "NO" for loans. Any current students throw some light on this?

Overall I am pretty confident to make it and it was a pretty cool interview. No leg pulling and all.

PS: For Today, they have called 7 people for the interview. This is pretty reliable info as I got this info from the right person, the Security!!!

All the best to Others

Regards, Nagendra

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also read some ISB interview experiences here:

goisb.com


Bbye
Gagan

2:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home