Monday, May 29, 2006

Have you experienced "The Terminal?"

I was a Tom Hanks last Saturday spending almost 10 Hours at Delhi Airport, ofcourse for a different reason than that had been showed in the movie. But, my experience was horrible. I have been to Delhi on the Oxbridge Scholarship interview and was done with it by 11:00 AM. Being too cautious, I have booked the return flight for 7:50 PM Departure which had wounded me that day like anything. After my interview, I thought of getting to have a look at the India Capital for some time. But, the Delhi's scorching heat had kicked me off and I was almost hitten by a Stroke within short time. Some how I am able to get to a near by PVR Cinema and thought of going to "Davinci Code" movie, but couldnt as the show is scheduled for 4:30 PM which can create some havoc for my return flight.

I thought of going back to airport and relax there a bit. These are my experiences over there:

1. No AC in Airport. There are few fans here and there, all of which are not working though
2. No Seats to sit and relax. I have used one of the trolleys that people used to carry luggage, to relax
3. No restaurent. Only one restaurent available and they have only 'samosas'. But, I cant afford 50rs samosas, as eating one or two samosas can do nothing to my big belly. One thing to be noted is, though low cost carriers came up in India, airports are still under a notion that people who travel by air can pay like anything for even smaller things.

With a lot of difficulty I have spent time till 7 PM and then prepared to board. But, to my agony the flight was further delayed by 2 hrs. I completed a novel, battery was nullified in my laptop, read couple of magazines and then saw myself getting into securtity check finally at 9:30 PM. You know what?? After I had been into security check, the flight was further delayed by another 45 mins. Some how I reached Hyderabad at almost 1:30 PM. This is one hell of the experience to forget.

And ofcourse the interview went well and I need to wait to listen from the committe. I did well, but who knows about the competitors? Need to wait till the fat lady sings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home