Monday, April 10, 2006

SBI getting off the Strike - ISB Placements results

It was reported some where that State Bank of India does 50000 Lakh rupees of Transactions every day. Their 6 days Strike had halted almost 3 Billion Rupees worth Transactions in India. Most of the banks had run short of cash. When I was a kid, I heard a short story of how Japanese people do these strikes. I heard that some time back a japan Shoe factory's employees went on for a strike. Rather than stopping the work completely, they have done it differently. They have produced shoes for only left leg. This had made sure that the management came down to get the things done for the workers. Thats the best way of doing strike as far as I see it. The heat of SBI's strike is felt every where and they have called off the strike for good (and of course because of the goodies offered by the Government to them) yesterday. The heat was more on me because my loan with SBI was just getting delayed. I met couple of other banks during this time, but found that the max any other bank offers is 15 Lakhs. Now, I am much more relaxed that they have called off the strike.

ISB had announced the placement results and they were quite astonishing IN NUMBERS. The highest of $ 233,800, it seems was offered by ITC Infotech for a 10+ years exp guy. I am looking for a detailed placement report where in some one like me can check whats in store for 4-5 years exp people. These numbers are always threats that they will carry you away to think big, where its not so big about the college. I look forward for ISB to grow, as an Indian inst having its name on teh world map will definitely make us proud. But, to achieve that they should be much more transparent and should stop the war of announcing the highest salaries in connection to what IIMs do. All the Best to ISB!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home