Tuesday, March 21, 2006

If you want to work in India, you go to ....

I heard from lot of people in various forums and groups about this suggestion of picking ISB if some one is looking to choose b/n ISB and some X College. Is it really true??

In my opinion, this is completely faltoo. Why should one go to ISB over Yale, Insead, LBS etc., just for the sake of working in India?? If you are unable to arrange the finances, then probably you can go with ISB if you have no other options. I believe that Yale, Insead, LBS etc., can give you International Mobility and finding a job in India with degrees from these colleges is not a big deal. Also, I dont understand why people look after Overseas Placements if they want to stay back in India after ISB ;-)

I was giving same gyan earlier, but I dont see any reason to go to ISB over the Intl reputed colleges and that too if you are getting the same ROI. The 10 Lakhs Avg Salary with 5 Years of Avg Exp is no big deal for an institute like ISB. As of now I see that they are just as good as IIMs in terms of recruiters expectations. So, if you are investing 17 Lakhs and getting back a 8-9 Lakhs job, its not so easy as one think to repay it and get a better ROI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home