Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Chasing was never so easy!!!

I was watching the SA Vs Australia match the other day. SA chased the whopping 434 that was scored by Australia. The way they scored was astonishing. They made it so simple. This remembered me of a match that we(college team) played against our brother's team(team formedby people residing near my home in my native). My brother's team scored some 120 odd runs in 16 overs. Chasing 120 was not so easy on any day and I opened the innings. We were down to some 20 for 3 in 5 overs. It was then Babu came into crease. We have the target of 100 runs in 11 overs and we cannot afford to lose another wicket. I was not a big hitter and I am generally good at nagging and getting 1s and 2s. The asking rate was 10 per over and we decided to go at a rfate of 9 for over for first 5 and 11 for over for next 5. Babu almost hit 1 four an over in the first 5 overs. This had made us accomplished the first target which gave us the confidence to drive along. For the first time in my career I had hit couple of 6s and we cruised to victory with 2 overs to spare. This was the same happened to South Africans. As per Smith, their target was 195 runs in 25 overs and they scored around 220 in 25 overs which had made the task easy.

Now lets play the real game. I believe chasing targets is pretty much easier than setting the target. You definitely know what you want to accomplish and its pretty much easier once you set the target and plan the execution. Its the same thing happened to me. My target was to do MBA this year. I had dings from Cambridge, ISB, Chicago and Michigan so far. Except Chicago I had interviews at other schools followed by dings. I am yet to hear from Kellogg, Stanford, Yale and Tuck. At this point I dont see much chance for me getting into those. Does all these matter?? No not at all. The Oxford was there for me. The first college where I was admitted. I definitely know that 41000 GBP is what I need. For the first 2 months I was just thinking of the huge amount and was unable to get the finances. I changed the game plan and divided 41000 into different components. I said to myself, let me get 20000 GBP first and think of the rest later. This strategy helped me to achieve the bigger goal as I was always thinking of the smaller parts. Now, this means that I AM GOING TO OXFORD THIS YEAR.

Yes and finally some good news that my brother got into Accenture and Satyam. Hes taking Accenture and joining tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home