Friday, March 10, 2006

Management Consulting

One of the most aspiring careers for B-School goers. Infact I have also decided to look for a career in MC and have IT career as a back up. I have solved couple of sample cases given in Mckinsey.com and some other sites and felt confident about my problem solving skills to take up a career in MC.

On the other front, a lot of schools has started releasing decisions and I wonder about my candidature as my apps in few schools were marked complete only last week. This whole B School procedure is getting to be over very soon and as of now I have decided to go to Oxford. My L1 Visa was temperory refused for insufficient documentation and the Consular officer asked me to come back with few documents. But, I might not go back as I dont have plans now to continue in my job.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow
]finally u were able to make a decision
how did u manage to hold on to the Ox admit for so long?
great
keep up the good work
Ox doesnt give any specialization right?

6:45 PM

 
Blogger S said...

Thanks.

Ox doesnt have any specialization. Its great of Ox too for that they extended the deadline and I will be able to make it now

6:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, it's me again, the phantom Oxford grad.

Almost everyone with an IT background has had IMMENSE difficulty getting into a consulting job. Don't count on being able to switch easily - in my class, only 1 out of 170+ people got into Goldman Sachs and none of the Indians with IT knowledge got into consulting. So take the statistics Said releases with a pinch of salt - they are most likely cleverly massaged :)

9:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home