Friday, March 17, 2006

Where to Invest?

A lot of my friends are investing their money in Real Estate, Mutual Funds, Gold, Shares etc., But what about me?? yes I am also investing in my education. Like them I also want to check my returns. I formulated my own formula for calculating my ROI. In 5 years with my current earning capacity at CSC, I will be earning around 200,000 GBP with all promotions being taken into account (Very optimistic here in assuming that I will be working for CSC UK continuosly for 6 years). The lost Salary and the expenses that I am incurring now along with the interest paid for MBA loan will come to around 92000 GBP. Assuming that I will getting the average salary what an Oxonian got last year I would be able to make around 320000 GBP even if I assume that there are no salary hikes which is very unlikely (In fact I am just assuming the base salary excluding the other benefits). So, still I would be able to make a decent return of around 3% on what I am investing now in 5 years, year on year. Though this is very less, this is a very pessimistic estimate of my ROR after MBA. I am sure that this would cross around 20-50% realistically. The best way to calculate is to ??

Come back and re visit this after 5 years...

Signing off for now...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to you Yale application?
and i saw your ROI calc.
pretty good

4:28 PM

 
Blogger S said...

No news yet

6:33 PM

 
Blogger mohanrazz said...

Nag,

i revisited this post to see ur calculations. I think this makes sense as u got offer now.

I am in a similar phase and similar calculation now (:-.

If u dont mind can u pls tell the CTC for the offer made at oxford. I think knowing this will help me in somelines. Also what is the job location? what is the company?

Thanks in advance.
If u dont want to publish ur ctc in blog, pls send it to my mail
My mail id:
mohanmadrolu@hsbc.co.in
mohanrazz@gmail.com

bye,
zuran

11:42 PM

 
Blogger mohanrazz said...

mama,

pls mail me..

3:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home