Monday, May 08, 2006

The Goal

I have just completed reading the book "The Goal" by Eliyahu M.Goldratt. I suggest this book to all of them, who are planning to become managers. I am sure that one will get a fresh perspective of looking into a problem once you are done with this book. The book is pretty much straightforward and it speaks a simple truth: "Identify the Core". I use to get annoyed earlier that I was not so productive in the company. But, this book has clarified me on why I am not productive. The terms Throughput, ROI and Cashflow will be there in my mind for ever, for the impression this book has created in me. The way it is told is also amazing. I felt like reading a novel rather than a management book.

I am now reading the book "The Mind of the Strategist" by Kenichi Ohmae. The first chapter I read pretty much tells me on why Japanese are successful. I hope this book will help me to get a good understanding of what kind of questions are to be framed to succeed as a strategist.

Some good news is that I am shortlisted for Oxbridge Scholarship interviews that are to be conducted in Delhi on 27th of May. Let me see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home