Sunday, April 29, 2007

Oxford smashed Cambridge

Oxford had smashed Cambridge on the MBA sports day (atleast in the cricket we literally smashed them) on saturday. Takashi had grabbed some of the pictures and here are they:

http://picasaweb.google.com/takashi.forester/2007_04_28MBASportsDay?authkey=Ssfip6AKZTM

I umpired the cricket match (on the field for 40 overs!! huh!!). We batted first and scored 240 in 20 overs. It was a treat to watch Murtaza being on the field, who scored 149 with 8 sixes, very similar to what Gilchrist did on the same day with Srilanka :-) Cambridge were all out for some 70 odd, thanks to Aditya who had taken 4 wickets. Yesterday, I played for Oxford India Society against University club and we had a wonderful wonderful match. We managed to get 218 and were all out before 40 overs. It was so easy ride for us till 20 overs when the score of Univ club read 75/8. And then 9th wicket partnership of 100+ had taken the match so close and finally we were able to wrap it up on the last ball of the match with 3 runs. I was on the field for close to 100 overs in both the matches on week end and will be for another possible 150 overs in these 3 days as I am playing for Linacre on the trot on today, tomorrow and the day after.

Really this is a fantastic Oxford experience and I must say, the college grounds and facilities are world class (after all, I am also diving in the field) and its so good to play. Incoming Oxonians, dont forget to plan for this season (plan now with some cricket wear and plan for your electives to not clash with matches).

On the other hand, I had couple of interviews with couple of firms, and our team lost Infineon SCP. I applied for Intel now and need to see gow it goes. Wipro presented on the campus last friday and I must say the presenter is really good and one can easily make out why Infy, Wipro and Tata are top class companies in the world.

4 Comments:

Blogger Noel said...

Nagendra, just came across your blog on the web. Really enjoyed your sincere style of writing. Very balanced. Good Luck.

10:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how's the football match?

11:23 PM

 
Blogger S said...

Thanks Vijoy.

Not sure Phileas, I havent saw football match.

11:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tks Nagendra.
I can't wait to play football in oxford.haha
in terms of the college, could you give me some advice which colleges is better regarding to the accomodation and facilities and sports since I'm selecting college.
tks, man. Best luck to your job.

11:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home