Wednesday, May 16, 2007

India Vs Pak Match, Dell SCP, Seth's session, Hilary results and more....

Last week end saw an exciting match b/n India and Pakistan societies in Oxford. With so much of rain, we played a 20-20 and as you guessed, India won the match by 16 runs. Batting first, we score 99/9 in 20 overs and Pakistan finished their 20 overs at 83/8. Such a great game it was in a pathetic weather...

Our team was offered Dell SCP and we need to decide whether we are going to work with Dell this summer or not!!! So many things around I will update in my next post whats happening on this...

Seth Nesbitt, an alumni of school and VP Marketing at Amdocs visited school last friday on my invitation to speak with students. We had a fantastic session and he outlined us all the possibilities of a career in Product companies. I have discussed with him about a possibility of Summer Internship and I must say that I am getting better and better options as days are passing by...

Hilary results are out and I am a pass..I have not checked my marks sheet, but found that most of the students have passed...I met Country Manager of the firm which has given me an offer and we had a very good discussion on future plans of the firm. Pretty excited, but waiting on for negotiations to complete, to accept the offer....I had an interview with one another firm yesterday which also went decently well....

Somebody asked about my ROI calculations...After MBA its NPV calculations now :) Anyways, I have not touched on that part as I wanted to come back to that only after I finish off my loan...you never know about salary which can even double, triple or quadraple in an year....so let me come back on to that once I finish repaying my debts, as I feel its too early to look at that....

Back on to loaded assignments..see you all later....

1 Comments:

Blogger Eccentricity said...

Dear Nagendra,

This may come a little belated and I am sure you have heard the same from many others, but I just wanted to express my appreciation for your blog which helped me get a look INSIDE the SBS MBA and living and studying in Oxford. I will be joining SBS in Sep '07 and I look forward to continue interacting with you in the future. [Am now active on orkut and Yahoo SBS communities :)]

Cheers!
Neha

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home