Thursday, July 27, 2006

Two Apprehensions people have in their mind before starting MBA

Just 2 months now to start my new journey @ Oxford. I believe that one year down the line will be all learning, filled with fun. I met few prospective MBA students recently and they had same apprehensions of what I had an year ago. Recollecting, July last year I was in Kerala, God's own country for a leisure trip. I had thought of not taking an MBA for quite a few reasons at that point of time. But, later I have come across them and here I am.

The major 2 apprehensions that comes into an average Indian's mind during his research are:

1. How are the Placements?? Can I get a Job etc.,

--- This is pretty much the first fear I had in my mind. After paying such a huge fee, what if I am unable to get a job?? I can't statistically comment on this one, but one thing I suggest people who ask me about this is that, its a calculated risk that can be taken. Just think for a while, what will be your career graph if you dont go for an MBA?? Where will you be, say 10 years down the line? Getting a job is a short term struggle which can be taken care of, if this is your worry. Having said that, I believe that getting a job wont be a big hassle as we fear about it. Have belief in yourself. If you can be selected to a Top premiere school with an acceptance rate of 20% or so, if you have say 3-5 years of experience in the industry already, why apprehend on this??

2. Will we able to finance so much of money??

--- This is a question pretty much for people who think of European schools. With the fees and living expenses coming to around 35 Lakhs, one will definitely fear about whether he/she would be able to arrange so much money for MBA. If you follow my blog, I faced this crunch a lot of times, but I was able to get through. It's easy to give up, but dont give up. Yes 35 Lakhs is a big money, but one can arrange it in some way or other once he gets his admission. Remove this apprehension from your mind during your research. Infact I havent applied to LBS because of this apprehension. Dont care about this, you can some how get through this one in due course of time.

All the Best for the people who are applying now for the next year. If you need any help during your research ior preparations, you can reach me @ nagendra.s@gmail.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nag,

I got this blog in some DB and i opened this blog very casually, expecting just some kinda cinema stuff. But when I opened and saw the title My Journey to MBA at Oxford i felt interesting..Here - let me introduce u lil bit..

This is Mohanraj - s/w engr working at pune.Did Btech from SVU campus. Actually it has been in my mind to shift to CSC, HYD. Another thing which has been in my mind is pursuing MBA. So I was little surprised to see this blog and its content. I went thru ur blog and somewhere u mentioned Yemmiganur..I am from that place..

I would like to know little more abt u. First let me appreciate u whole-heartedly because at the age of 26 u have made ur dream of MBA come true..u got married..Also u r satisfying ur quench for ur extra-curricular activities(I saw ur photo with pawan)....congrats man..and keep on exhibiting ur radiance in all possible directions..

And i would like to know a few more things abt u ,just bcos of a general curiosity..
Where did u hail from?Kadapa? where did u do Engg?and in which year? Why did u want to go for MBA? Do u really have any plans of establishing any cpy..or just for more bucks..? where would u like to see urself in 10 yrs down the line..? Pls tell me frankly..I just wanted to understand the perspective of another guy..

May I expect a reply..

Mohanraj..
http://zurancinema.blogspot.com/

11:37 PM

 
Blogger S said...

Hello Mohan:

Thanks for ur wishes.

I am from Kadapa and did my Engg @ KSRMCE, Kadapa. I am going to MBA for my passion. I had my own business earlier in which I failed for quite a lot of reasons. I dont want it to happen again when I start it back. I have plans for entrepreneurship, but may be 10-15 years after my MBA.

Regards
Nagendra

11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home