Thursday, October 19, 2006

Matriculation Ceremony

Was very late in updating this which happened 4 days back. I dont say that I havent had time, I admit that I am a bit lazy here :) Time, yes its really a constraint, but picking up on this. I dont want time to dominate what I do.

Back to Business, whats matriculation?? Hmm, as far as I understand its a way of university welcoming all the new graduates. Unless until you are a part of this ceremony you cannot call yourself as a part of Oxford. So, now I am officially part of Oxford :)

Why its so special?? You will be wearing the sub fusc for this. whats that? its better to check that in the photos yourself than me explaining about this. THIS IS TRADITIONAL OXFORD that havent changed since 800 years.

And then we had a matriculation Bop (Party is called as Bop in Oxford) which was crowded by even other college people as our college is the only one which had this party in the town. And people who are looking to come to oxford and finding it difficult to chose the college, Go Linacre. Its the best in terms of food it serve and the bops it organize.

Week 2 was as strenous as week one. we had assignments which will be assesed for our degree like in wek one. I have enjoyed the Financial reporting class by Tomo and getting used to classes now.

On the careers side, I have attended Mercer Management Consulting presentation and I am certainly impressed with them. We had a management consultancy fair yesterday and the companies whom I met are : Accenture, IBM, Marakon, Mckinsey, Bain, BCG, Booz Allen Hamilton, Diamond, Ernst and Young, Monitor Group, LEK Consulting, LECG, MMC, Price water House Coopers, PA Consulting, OC and C Strategy, Roland Berger, SG2, Spectrum, ZS Associates and let me stop here. There are few more which I cannot recollect. Had a load of information now which I need to analyze and decide which ones to apply and when to apply.

At school, we had a presentation by ABN AMRO yesterday and JP MORGAN couple of days back. Again I have not attended as I was not targetting Banking.

Ok, let me leave here as I have some thing else to attend. Here are few of the snaps attached:
















Myself at Sheldonian Theatre dressed in Subfusc on the way to Ceremony

















In the Sheldonian Theatre
















People waiting for Vice Chancellor of Oxford to come and conduct the ceremony
















One more view of it
















Ha, a better view
















Here is the vice chancellor giving a brief speech















People on their way to take their seats
















Linacre college students rushing into Sheldonian

















The Sheldonian at the Bodlean library


















The MBA gang @ Linacre - why is this underlined?? Dont have time to change the settings now
















Parson, Suman and myself before matriculation
















The long queue outside sheldonian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home