Tuesday, October 03, 2006

So much information to digest!!!

The first 2 days @ Business School was very tiring, but the wealth of information I have been explored to, is enormous. I will be heading to college induction from tomorrow. As far as the class profile goes, the class size is 216 with as many as 71 Indians in the class. Surprisingly, at least half of the Indians are not from IT background and most of them are Indians by origin and not by the place where they lived prior to coming here. And the Avg Age is 29 with ages ranging from 22-44. There were as many as 41 nationalities represented in the class.

I have seen wide diversity with lawyers, doctors, army, naval personnel, sailors, english scholars, producers, CAs, Industrialists, IT people, Scooba Divers, and what not...We had Amgen's CEO Kevin Sharer as the Introductory speaker and he delivered a wonderful speech. Wondering whats amgen?? I was in your shoes before the seminar. Its the biggest pharma company in the world, if I got it right with 16 Billion USD in revenues. So, you can imagine the character of CEO of such a huge company. He had taken Amgen from a 3 B USD in 2000 to where it is now. Its a wonderful speach to start things with.

Here are some of the snaps of these 2 days @ b school






















This is the famous Nelson Mandela Theatre where we had our induction program.






















I cant recognise properly, but some one is trying to crush a lot of info to us :)

















Well tries a lot to rotate this photo, but couldn't. Its Stephan Chambers, the MBA program director addressing us.


















One view of the Future CEOs sitting together




Another view of the CEOs




And the Dinner reception of the first day




One more photograph of the first day dinner




This embarassing photo was when I tried to take a snap of myself with my camera. I couldnt get a better one than this



This is today, the second day when I was about to get on to stage to introduce myself to the rest of the class.
















This is one more view of the Incoming Class

PS: I have been to Pitt Rivers and Univ Museum last week end and will upload those photos and experiences as and when time permits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home