Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Alchemist

This is the first book I have read @ one stretch so far, during my journey to my native last week end. It was a good one, with witty oneliners from the Alchemist:

"The Fear of Suffering is worse than Fear itself"

"Every Search begins with beginner's luck. And every search ends with victor's being severely tested"

"Every thing that happens once can never happen again. But Every thing that happens twice will surely a happen a third time"

"No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn't know it"

The final page has this good quote from Thomas Merton

"The truth that many people never understand, until it is too late, is that the more you try to avoid suffering the more you suffer because smaller and more significant things begin to torture you in proportion to your fear of being hurt"

Like the boy Santiago, I am also looking to achieve my personal legend and I am looking to clear all the things come my way so that I can smile as a victor at the end. This is a good read for people to get motivated and inspired.

This week will be a happening one for me as I will be applying for my visa and will subsequently be finalizing my travel dates. The buzz will continue next week, as I look to pay the fees, complete my shopping and put in papers at my company. Signing off for now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home