Sunday, May 27, 2007

End of Week 5, Trinity

This week saw a loads of assignments for me..Now I am heading to couple of weeks which doesn't have many assignments. With only 3 weeks to finish the classes of Trinity, there is less activity at school and I am almost skipping every class. These 7-8 months went on very fast and I guess it will be same with rest of the SCP and September session.

As far as jobs go, I think around 10-15 Indians got jobs so far excluding chaps who already have sabbaticals. And as far as information I gathered around 35-40 students got jobs so far, again excluding sabbaticals. This is around 20% of the class and is a good number with 3.5 months still left to finish the MBA. I guess this will go up to around 80% by the end of the course as this is the period during which most of the activity happens.

KPN international and Rolls Royce are the two companies that are happening on the campus now...Logging off for now...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nag,

How is the outlook for techies looking for higher management roles in tech field itself?

Thanks,
Prakash

5:04 PM

 
Blogger Abhijit Shaha said...

Nag,
Have these Indians got jobs in UK/Europe?
Are there any young fellows who have secured job at this stage?

Thanks,
- Abhijit

9:22 PM

 
Blogger S said...

Prakash,

The level of seniority in the roles depend on the experience you have. But, in general things are good so far.

Abhijit,

I am not sure of what exactly "Young fellows" mean to you. But, so far almost all the offers are in the EU region

Nagendra

2:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nagendra

Are all SCP positions paid?

You stated you have already bagged a job. Is this job in the UK or elsewhere? And is the package is line with the average salaries described in the Placement report.

Thank you
Victor

9:06 AM

 
Blogger S said...

Dear Victor:

Most of the SCPs cover your expenses and carry a successful completion bonus. So, getting that bonus really depends on you, but all the expenses are taken care of, which is good enough. Few SCPs have a fixed payment irrespective of output.

And regarding my job, I cannot disclose anything as of now since I have not yet finalized anything. I will write a post on the blog, once I finalize the things.

Regards
Nagendra

9:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home