Saturday, June 16, 2007

End of Trinity and Inter College Cricket League

Well, the exams are still left, but the classes are all over on friday. Another 2 weeks and its almost end of my life at Oxford except for a week during september. Its very fast than you will realize that you are done with your MBA. Will be back again into corporate life soon.

Last week had seen my best performance in the season with the ball. My figures were 2/19(8 overs) vs Corpus, 3/8 (3 overs) vs St Catz and 1/25 (8 overs) vs Lincoln in 3 matches that I played in 3 Days. We won 2 out of those 3 which were crucial first eleven matches, but were left in the group at 5th place in the league

http://www.oxfordintercollegecricket.co.uk/First_X1_League_Tables.htm

Sad thing is that it happened because of rained off matches with comparitively weaker teams than us. In that list, we have beaten Magdalen and Lincoln which are above us. Being in Top 2, we would have been in the first league next year, but given that Linacre was not even in any of these 3 leagues few years back, this is the best performance of our college so far. I was happy with my batting as well scoring crucial 23 runs (N.O) vs Corpus when we were chasing 188 and were down 5 for 128 with 13 odd overs left. I liked that first Six I had hit of the season to won the match when we needed 1 run (a bit of Dhoni style :P)

I captured few pics during the end of the season and here are they:

All these pics are captured during the game I played for Hetairoi against Whitchurch cricket club




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nags
Totally irrelevant query.
What color Bow tie is a MUST during SBS stay? is it black?
Do we need a white one too?
Prakash

8:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home